What we do
A Christian humanitarian charity that has come from dreams and small beginnings – to helping many thousands, both at home and abroad.
International Aid Trust began its work in 1991. During my first visit to the former Soviet Union I saw images of pain and suffering that would never leave me and returned home with a dream, a vision to make a difference. Today that dream is a reality and despair has been turned into hope for a better future for many thousands of needy people around the world. Now we have a wonderful team of volunteers, caring dedicated individuals with hearts of gold, who give of themselves to help others. Without them none of this would have been possible.
Our work includes the following:
- UK: Helping the needy here at home by networking with other UK charities, which includes; rehabilitation of offenders, the long term unemployed, occupational therapy for youngsters with learning difficulties, supporting re housing programs term unemployed. But much of our UK work is of a personal nature and therefore cannot be publicised.
- Pastoral support through our large network of churches and Christian missions worldwide.
- IAT Good Samaritan International Bible School in Mayakie Ukraine founded in 1996. Over one hundred and fifty churches have been established by our graduates in regions that had either had no churches or often where the Gospel had never been heard before.
- Humanitarian Aid: We collect, sort and deliver millions of pounds worth of much needed aid to the poor of many nations. Some of these forty plus countries include; Albania, Belarus, Gambia, Ghana, Georgia, India, Kenya, Malawi,
Moldova, Mexico, Romania, Russia, Sierra Leone, Uganda, Ukraine, Sri Lanka and many other destinations. Each request is carefully considered from many different angles. Our dedicated team of managers identify the needs and then administer the aid distribution.
- Deprived Children’s Holidays: Every year thousands of needy children are given recuperative holidays at our two centres near the Black Sea coast in Ukraine, plus six others that we operate within Ukraine and Belarus. Hundreds of jobs have been created at these centres, and also in the cottage industries that we support.
- Christina’s Houses: Providing homes for disadvantaged children, (i.e. street children and orphans) by buying and renovating or building properties, and equipping them. These houses are staffed by very caring house parents who are (to all intents and purposes) real parents. These are supported and staffed from local churches.
- Family sponsorship program: We now support over eight hundred children and adults in one hundred and sixty families within Eastern Europe, and soon to be operating in Africa and Asia. £20 per month can make a huge difference, in many cases more than doubling a poor family’s income.
- Caring for the sick: We have committed teams of caring volunteers in several countries offering both practical and spiritual advice and support.
- Medical and surgical care for people of all ages.
- Drug & alcohol rehabilitation: Help and positive assistance is given to many young men, women and children at over twenty centres at which we support and monitor.
- Various building projects and restoration projects.
- Pastoral care for many thousands is supported by us through our network around the world.
So much has been achieved that we can only touch on it here. Would you like to join us in our vision to help the needy? Lives are being changed forever because someone cares. We need contacts for dried and tinned food of every description, summer and winter clothing, medical supplies, equipment and ideas to begin cottage industries, and of course funds to make all this possible.
A word on finance:. Our admin is currently running at les than five percent and we do our utmost to make every penny count, using the most cost effective means of transport and other essentials.
Every pound is hard won and we make every penny count
Take a tour of our website and perhaps ask for a speaker or for an audiovisual presentation for your church, club, assembly or conference etc.
Don’t put your donations into a “Black Hole” We can tailor make a project to fit any budget.
We need you; our dream is growing.
Rev Bernard Cocker
Founder & Director